Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 11 - San Francisco Marathon Training

I didn’t get in all the running I wanted to this week (and no strength training), but it was for a good cause; DH graduated with his PhD! My hubby is now a Dr. =)


Congrats, honey!

So, while running took a bit of a back-seat to graduation-related activities, I still was able to get the quality running in. Next week will be challenging also, because of our move. Hopefully, I still hit the most important stuff.

Week 11 Summary:

Total Mileage: 38.75
Average Pace: 8:48
Goals Achieved: 4 of 6 (No strength training and only 4 days of running)

Week 11 Details:

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: 11:00 am - 4 miles with the BOB (8:43 pace). Felt really good during this run.

Wednesday: 4:30 pm - 6.5 miles with 4 miles at tempo (7:38 avg), 1 mile recovery, and then 1 interval mile (7:01). I had felt a panic attack coming on all day and this run was just what I needed to push it back.

Thursday: Rest Day – Oops, I had three (unplanned) glasses of wine at a 4pm cocktail party – no running tonight.

Friday: Rest Day – graduation day, yay!

Saturday: 8:00 pm - 10 miles with 9 at GMP (8:22 pace for the GMP miles, 8:30 pace overall). Another solid run; things are going much better after my relative week of rest.

Sunday Monday: 8:45 am – 18.25 miles (9:20 pace) - Baby girl needed some extra loving Sunday night to navigate some teething pain. Fortunately, Grandma was still in town and could watch her Monday morning – so, I did my long run today. The first 9 miles were in perfect weather, but then the sun came out in full force. I backed off the pace a bit and ended up finishing feeling great with two strong last miles. All-in-all, a pretty successful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment