Monday, April 30, 2012

Pasadena Half Marathon in My Sights!

I finally took the leap and registered for the Pasadena Half Marathon =)

For the last month or so I have been wavering on whether or not I thought I should try and run it this year since I'll be 27.5 weeks pregnant. My running has been going well, though. A nice, easy 10 mile run on Friday gave me the last boost of confidence to go ahead and register!

2012 will be the 4th year for this marathon/half marathon. My husband ran it with me in 2009 (his first half) and 2010 (when I was 14 weeks pregnant with baby toddler girl). We missed 2011 for a wedding, but still trained for it with a group of Caltech undergraduates (he was a RA at the time). This year, we're very excited to go back and run it with the students!

I recognize, of course, that I still may not run it. A half marathon at 27 weeks pregnant must be approached only under the best of conditions, I'm sure. As long as I still have my Dr.'s okay, feel great, and it's not too hot (a common problem in Pasadena) I'll give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment