Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 10 - San Francisco Marathon Training

This week was definitely about quality over quantity. I should have planned a little better and front-loaded the week. I didn't, though, and with DH out of town Friday - Sunday I just couldn't get the miles in.

Baby girl and I did make it out for a few BOB runs. She enjoyed some of them more than others, and they were all short. By way of compensation for sitting in the BOB, we stopped by the park for swing rides. To her, that was the best part of the runs this week!

Week 10 Summary:

Total Mileage: 23
Average Pace: 8:52
Goals Achieved: 5 of 6 (No long run)

Week 10 Details:

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: Rest day - unplanned, but needed. While I didn't develop any soreness, Sunday's 17 miler really tired me out!

Wednesday: 7:30 am - 6.5 miles with 3 at Tempo (8:34 overall pace, 7:44 for the tempo miles) - I still felt very tired and struggled to maintain a tempo pace. So, I listened to my body and backed off a bit.

Thursday: 7:30 pm - 6.5 miles, easy (8:42 pace) - I just ran how I felt.

Friday: 4:00 pm - strength training session with baby girl. followed by 3.5 miles with the BOB (10:00 pace) - I wore myself out lifting baby girl around =) She started to melt down in the stroller, so we went to the park.

Saturday: 8:00 am - 3 miles with the BOB at GMP (8:17 pace). This was a mom fail. I started the run too close to her nap time and she had a complete meltdown 1.5 miles into the run. I miss the days when she could sleep in the stroller! Well, there was nothing to do but run home ASAP =)

Sunday: 5:00 pm - 3.5 miles with the BOB (9:04 pace) - Baby girl enjoyed this run much better. The park near our house has been very crowded, so, we tried another one about 1.75 miles away. Huge success. It was a prettier park and it was almost empty. On the way back we passed our usual park and it was packed, as usual. We'll have to find some good parks again when we move in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment