Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 9 - San Francisco Marathon Training

It's hard to believe that I'm already half way through this training cycle. I'm back on track, even though I still missed some goals this week. After some rough weeks, I'm enjoying my runs again and looking forward to the higher mileage weeks that are just around the corner. In three weeks we will have completed our move to the Bay Area and then I can start to scout out some interesting new runs.

Week 9 Summary:

Total Mileage: 40
Average Pace: 9:22
Goals Achieved: 4.5 of 6 (Only 4 days of running and 1 strength training session)

Week 9 Details:

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: Lazy rest day. No excuses, I just didn't get myself out there.

Wednesday: 9:45 pm - 7.5 miles with 6 at GMP (8:38 overall pace, 8:25 for the GMP miles) - I felt really strong for this run. No surprise, after two rest days =)

Thursday: 10:00 am - strength training session. My plans for an evening run were sabotaged by DH, who didn't make it home from work until almost midnight. Darn.

Friday: 10:00 am - 8 miles (9:41 pace) - I set out with the goal of doing my long run for the week. After a few miles, however, I was doing an impression of the Wicked Witch of the West; "I'm melting". Pasadena, I love you, but I will not miss you're hot weather. Sooo, excited to be moving to the East Bay! Defeated, I turned around and headed home.

Saturday: 1:30 pm - 3 miles with the BOB followed by a track session of 4x800m. (9:10 overall pace, intervals at 3:23, 3:25, 3:28 & 3:22). This was our first BOB run as a family! I can't believe it took 8 months to successfully drag DH out there with me and baby girl, but we finally made it =)

Sunday: 8:45 pm - 17 miles (9:42 pace) - This run almost didn't happen, so, I'm just thank full I finally found the motivation to get it done. I got up at 6am like a good girl, had my Clif Bar and coffee and was all ready to head out the door; that's just when baby girl thought it was a good time to get up. After working most of the night on a project, DH was dead to the world and I couldn't get him to come watch the baby. So, I had a lovely morning playing with her instead. Unfortunately, the day was jam-packed, with fun activities. After a BBQ (and wine!) at a friend's place and dinner out with the fam, I thought the long run was history.

I tricked myself into leaving the house by saying "Oh, I'll just do 4 miles and then do my long run tomorrow." I didn't even take GU with me =) It was a beautiful night (thank goodness it really cools off at night) and I just kept adding on a few miles here, another mile there, and - voila! - 2.75 hours later I had my long run done!

No comments:

Post a Comment