Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 8 - San Francisco Marathon Training

While my week 8 training looked a lot like week 4, at least I'm somewhat back on track. After the last three 'down' weeks, I didn't want to over-do it. So, I took one extra rest day and kept the runs a little shorter then planned.

A risky thing I did this week was break one of my cardinal rules - long run shouldn't be 50% or more of the week's total mileage. Okay, so I didn't actually break this rule (15 mile long run to 30.75 total miles) but, I came pretty close. I know from past experience that this is the zone in which I tend to get injured. Next week, I'll try to keep a healthier balance.

Week 8 Summary:
Total Mileage: 30.75
Average Pace: 9:08
Goals Achieved: 4.5 of 6 (Only 4 days of running and 1 strength training session)

Week 8 Details:

Monday: Rest Day

Tuesday: 8:30 pm - 4.5 miles on treadmill with 3 at tempo pace (8:04 overall pace, 7:37 for tempo miles) - felt good after the run and followed it up with a strength training session.

Wednesday: Extra rest day.

Thursday: 9:15 pm - 7 miles with 5 at GMP (8:35 overall pace, 8:26 for the GMP miles) - 5 GMP miles solo and then 1 mile with each doggie =)

Friday: Rest day.

Saturday: 5:00 pm - 4.5 miles with the BOB. Note to self: running with the BOB in windy conditions is much harder =)

Sunday: 11:15 am - 15 miles (9:31 pace) - I had some knee pain, on and off, the last few miles. Considering the previous 3 weeks' 'training', this shouldn't come as a surprise. All-in-all, this was a solid run.

No comments:

Post a Comment