Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 2 - San Francisco Marathon Training

Two things became clear this week:
  1. I need to get more miles in during the week. This weekend warrior business will likely get me injured.
  2. I need to get up early (yikes) and run in the morning, if number 1 is going to happen.
Week 2 Summary:
  • Total Mileage: 32.75
  • Average Pace: 9:06
  • Goals Achieved: 5 of 6 (no BOB run this week - sorry, baby girl)
Week 2 Details:
  • Monday: Rest Day - needed it, after the busy weekend.
  • Tuesday: 9:00 pm - 3 miles (9:25 pace) - group run. I learned that Mexican food and two glasses of wine is not a good pre-run meal (duh!).
  • Wednesday: Rest Day - unplanned, DH worked late and I went to bed at 9:30, before he was home.
  • Thursday: 
    • 4:45 am - 5 miles w/ 3 at tempo (8:37 pace overall, 7:47 tempo pace) - felt great
    • 8:00 pm - strength training session
    • 9:00 pm - 3 miles (8:38 pace) - group run, and finally tired!
  • Friday: 10:45 pm - 4.5 miles (9:40 pace) - just glad I got a run in.
  • Saturday: 9:00 am - 6 miles (8:44 pace) - marathon pace run. I was hoping for closer to 8:30 pace, but I ran with a friend and we talked the whole time. So, that ups the effort a bit.
  • Sunday: 
    • 9:00 am - 11 miles (9:19 pace) - 6 mile group run and then 5 solo. I finished up with two strong miles and felt really good.
    • 6:30 pm - strength training session


No comments:

Post a Comment