Saturday, April 9, 2011

Get out the door!

Yesterday was one of those low motivation days. I had a heavy workout day on Thursday, an early wake-up on Friday and then a very busy day at work. Things seemed to conspire against my run... but I finally got something in.
  • 5:30 pm: Had planned a BOB run, but baby girl was too tired from missing her afternoon nap at day care. All she could handle was to eat and go to sleep. =( No baby time for me that day. 
  • 6 pm: I was sitting in the living room - reading - waiting for DH to get home.
  • 8 pm: Hungry - where is that guy?
  • 8:45 pm: DH waltzes in w/ dinner (had gone out for drinks with coworkers)
  • 8:45-10:30 pm: eat, watch movie, digest
  • 10:45 pm: Getting ready to run - my only goal being to make it out the door and return in a better mood. I ask DH to clean the baby's bottles from the day while I'm gone.
  • 11 pm: 1 mile into run, consider turning around.
  • 11:30 pm: Back from 4.5 mile run - still in a poor mood, though.
  • 11:35 pm: Scowl at dirty baby bottles still on counter, ask DH to clean them while I shower.
  • 12:00 am: Get out of shower, scowl at dirty baby bottles still on counter. Dress, wash baby bottles.
  • 12:15 am: DH asks why I'm in a bad mood. I point to the now clean bottles, then the clock, kiss him good night and go to bed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment