Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Compression Socks - On the bandwagon

"Honey, I have a confession to make."

DH looked up at me warily from his books, "What is it?"

"Today, I spent $40 on a pair of socks."

He looked a bit confused. "Why would you do that?"

"Well, see, they help you recover - from running - and they're super cozy."

I knew it sounded like a lame reason. That is precisely why I haven't bought any until today. I mean, really, $40 for socks? Today was stressful at work and I had an unexpected break between meetings around lunch. So, to relish my brief zen time, I headed to the running store down the street and, surprise, walked out with a pair of compression socks.

While waiting for my gas tank to fill on the way home, I pulled them on in my car. Oh my, now that is nice. I was immediately grinning ear to ear. Why hasn't someone convinced me to try these before? Sure, I've seen all your blog posts on compression socks. Why, though, hasn't one of my running buddies taken me by the shoulders, shaken me violently and loudly asserted you must get these? They're that good =)

I don't plan to actually run in these bad boys, not yet, at least. I will, however, likely be wearing them whenever possible... including to bed tonight. Is it possible to wear compression socks too much? Probably. I'll do the requisite Google searching tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment