Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Impromptu Half Marathon

Last Sunday I ran the 32nd Annual Skunk Cabbage Classic Half Marathon in Ithaca, NY. This was an impromptu 'race' for me since I only found out about it two weeks ago. Obviously, I need to join the local running club so I'll be 'in the know'!

Since I didn't train for this, and my mileage hasn't really been up there, I didn't have any time expectations. Last weekend's 10-miler was a test to make sure I'd be able to finish. I ended up coming in at 1:56. At least it was 2 minutes faster than the half marathon I did last year at this time when I was 20 weeks pregnant (link). Ha!

This event was small-ish (~600 finishers) and pretty well-run. It was soooo convenient for me; starting and ending on Cornell's campus. DH hung out with the girls at his office on campus while I ran and I just met them back there when I was done.

Mommy done running?

My little welcoming committee was happy to have me back =) The baby (almost 8 months old) was unimpressed, but the toddler thought the medal was neat.

One of the best part of any race is the carbo-reload. I like to support the local brewery =)

First post-second pregnancy race reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment