Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Game Has Changed

The Boston Athletic Association announced a new registration process for 2012 (rolling admission based on qualifying time) and new qualifying standards for 2013 (5 min, 59 sec faster per age group). Rolling admission will remain in effect for 2013 also. New Boston Marathon Qualifying Standards

Boston was my very first marathon. I ran it as a charity entry in 2005. Like most first-timers, I toed the line over-trained and semi-injured. It was a very painful, wonderful, slow & exhilarating 26.2 miles... and I was hooked. I have long set my sights on running my (now old) qualifying standard of 3:40 (my last attempt came in at 3:48).

I'm not going to say too much about the new standards... I'm already snowed in by the flurry of blog chatter. I would, however, like to say this. Challenge raised - Challenge accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment