Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lazy Week

I started out this week with the best of intentions: get enough rest and get my 15 miles (yes, low bar) in. Well, I didn't set the bar low enough.

Tuesday's 5 miler was wonderful. Check! However, when the alarm went off at 5am Thursday morning I managed to wake up just long enough to text my running partner that I wasn't coming. It seemed like a good decision at the time, I was actually still sleeping well at 5am for a change. Yet, when I actually crawled out of bed 1 1/2 hours later, I was already regretting that I yielded to the siren song of my warm covers.

The rest of Thursday and Friday proceeded as busy as planned. So, it wasn't until Saturday morning that I made it out to run again. As I've noted before, three days between runs (at this point, at least) = recipe for disaster. Saturday morning's 5 miler morphed quickly into a 3 mile run/walk as I worked through some serious calf pain (those calves weren't just angry, they were pissed off).

Ah well, worse things have happened. This morning's 3 miles were easy-peasy by comparison. I was feeling tired at the end, though, so I cut the run a bit short. I only managed 11 miles this week, but at least I'm still getting out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment