Tuesday, August 10, 2010

700 miles!?!

Ooops. I committed one of the cardinal sins of running. I let my running shoes travel way beyond their ~500 mile design life. It occurred to me this weekend that I hadn't purchased new running shoes since I became pregnant. A quick tally of my training log confirmed it, I'd traveled over 700 miles since my last shoe replacement!

In retrospect, endangering my knees w/ faulty shoe support happened easily enough. Usually, my cue to buy new shoes comes from a combination of an obsession with my daily miles logged and knee pain popping up on my long runs. Since becoming pregnant, I have neither been running obsessively or long. In fact, my last 'long' run was a half mary at the end of my first trimester.

So, this morning the new Mizunos and I made our debut on the streets for an easy 1.5 miles. Yes, it wasn't far or glamorous... but we're still getting to know each other. The quick trip around the block was enough for the dogs and, at 35 weeks preggo, enough for me =)

1 comment:

  1. wow usually my knees and feet tell me that i'm nearing those miles! :) those shoes made it far!

    ReplyDelete